What & why we process data
1. When you use the Website and/or Services, we process personal data relating to you. Such personal data includes:
- Personally identifiable information such as your name, e-mail address, telephone number… that is sent to us via the contact forms on the Website
2. In principle, we obtain the above-mentioned personal data directly from you. In addition to the above purposes, we may also process your personal data:3. If and when your registration on the Website or use of the Website or Services could be considered (a) a violation of the terms or the intellectual property rights or any other right of a third party, (b) a threat to security or integrity of the Services, (c) a threat to the Website or Services or systems owned by us or our subcontractors as a result of viruses, Trojan horses, spyware, malware, or any other form of malicious code, or (d) in any way is also illegal or unlawful, discriminatory or offensive, we may process your data in the interest of ourselves, our partners or third parties.
- To provide you with the information about products and services you request in a personalized and efficient manner, whether through the Website, email, telephone or social media channels.
- To process your personal data so that we can provide the Services.
- For direct marketing purposes, ie to provide you with targeted communications, promotions, offers and other advertisements from us or our selected partners. We will ask for your prior consent for this.
- To perform statistical analyzes to improve our Website and/or Services, or to develop new products or services.
- To provide to a financial institution or payment service provider, to enable your financial institution and the payment service provider to comply with their legal obligations.
- To hand over to the police or judicial authorities as evidence of possible crimes or if there are reasonable grounds for suspecting a tort or crime committed by you through your registration with or use of the Website or the Services.
- In the context of a possible merger with, acquisition from/by or demerger by a third party, even if that third party is located outside the EEA.
3. If and when your registration on the Website or use of the Website or Services may be considered
- as a violation of the terms or the intellectual property rights or any other right of any third party,
- a threat to the security or integrity of the Services,
- a threat to the Website or Services or systems owned by us or our subcontractors as a result of viruses, Trojan horses, spyware, malware, or any other form of malicious code, or (d) in any way illegal or unlawful, discriminatory or is offensive, we may process your data in the interest of ourselves, our partners or third parties.
Who we share data with
1. We will not transmit your personal data to third parties in an identifiable manner if it is not required to provide the Services, without your express consent.
2. We may use third-party processors to provide you with the Website and/or Services. We ensure that third-party processors are only allowed to process your personal data on our behalf and on our written instruction. We guarantee that all external processors are selected with the necessary care so that we can count on the security and integrity of your personal data.
3. We may transfer anonymized and/or aggregated data to other organizations who may use this data to improve products and services and to organize the marketing, presentation and sale of products and services on a tailor-made basis.
Where we process data
1. We and our third party processors will only process your identifiable personal data in the EEA.
2. We may transfer your anonymized and/or aggregated data to organizations outside the EEA. If such a transfer takes place, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place to ensure the security and integrity of your personal data, and that all rights in relation to personal data that you may enjoy under applicable mandatory law are guaranteed.
How we process data
3. We will take appropriate technical and organizational measures to keep your personal data secure against unauthorized access or theft and against accidental loss, manipulation or destruction. Access by our personnel or personnel of our third-party processors is only possible on a need-to-know basis and is subject to strict confidentiality obligations. You understand, however, that the concern for safety and security are only best efforts obligations, which can never be guaranteed.
1. You have the right to request access to any personal data we process about you. However, requests for access that are manifestly made with a view to causing nuisance or damage to us will not be considered.
2. You have the right to request that any personal data about you that is incorrect or inaccurate be corrected free of charge. If you have registered on our Website, you can correct much of this information yourself via your profile. If such a request is made, you must also enclose with this request evidence that the personal data for which correction is requested is incorrect.
3. You have the right to withdraw your previously given consent for the processing of your personal data. You can withdraw your consent at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Instead of deletion, you can also request that we restrict the processing of your personal data if (a) you contest the accuracy of that data, (b) the processing is unlawful or (c) the data is no longer necessary for the purposes, but you need them to defend yourself in legal proceedings.
6. You have the right to object to the processing of personal data if you can demonstrate that there are serious and legitimate reasons related to special circumstances and that justify such an objection. However, if the intended processing is classified as direct marketing, you have the right to object to such processing free of charge and without justification.
7. Where your personal data is processed on the basis of consent or on the basis of a contract and the processing is by automated means, you have the right to receive the personal data you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and , if technically possible, you have the right to transmit this data directly to another service provider. The technical feasibility of this is exclusively assessed by us.
8. If you wish to submit a request to exercise one or more of the rights mentioned above, you can send an email to email@example.com. This request must clearly state which right you wish to exercise and why. It must also be dated and signed and accompanied by a digitally scanned copy of your valid identity card proving your identity. We will promptly notify you of receipt of such request. If the request proves to be justified, we will grant it as soon as reasonably possible and no later than thirty (30) days after receipt of the request.
9. If you have a complaint about the processing of your personal data by us, you can always contact us via the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org. If you remain dissatisfied with our answer, you are free to file a complaint with the competent data protection authority, the Belgian Privacy Commission. For more information, visit https://www.privacycommission.be.